Saturday, February 18, 2006

Radius and Ulna

As the father of three young boys, it is inevitable that one of our kids will eventually break a bone. Well two weeks ago, Grant assured us that this would indeed happen. We’ve had our share of sprains, ruptures, cuts, fractures and bruises, but this was the first time one of the Burgett boys has broken something.

Grant broke his radius bone and he has a torus fracture bend in his ulna. He hurt his arm while playing soccer in the gym at the JC Bodyshop youth center at our church, and the following day he slipped on the wood floor in our living room and that is when he broke his arm. As you can see by the photos, his cast goes almost up to his shoulder.

His doctor said that he will have the cast on for at least 6 weeks. Grant chose the fluorescent yellow color for his cast. He was eager to have his friends and acquaintances sign his cast. As you can see he knows quite a few people. I’m pretty sure that this won’t be our last experience with broken bones…….

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Brian Burgett!! I saw your comment on my blog...left you a note there! I thought I'd read yours though and catch up with you! I have to tell you that what you have written about your dad has really touched my heart and I will be praying for him and your family. My family went through almost the same situation about two years ago with my grandpa, so I can honestly say I understand! It is so refreshing to hear that your dad is getting better and recovering! Such an amazing thing when God moves and heals:)
Take care and of course I'll be sure to stop in by your cubicle the next time I make it to town!

Jen