Monday, May 15, 2006

Corolla is Calling

In less than 6 days, my family and I will be enjoying a well-needed vacation on the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina. This is our favorite place to visit as we have been there 4 times previously.

For those of you who didn’t pay attention in geography class, the Outer Banks of North Carolina are a 100-mile) string of beaches and barrier islands on the northern half of North Carolina’s Atlantic coastline. We prefer to stay in the far northern area of the Outer Banks near a small town called Corolla. Many outsiders pronounce "Corolla" in the same way they pronounce the name of the car Toyota makes. If you want to sound like a local or a hip tourist, you must pronounce the second syllable as if it rhymed with "ball". (Cuh-rah-la)

The thing to do on the Outer Banks is to rent a beach house for a week. We usually go in late May as the rental costs are much lower. During peak season (June-August), the rentals go for about 3 times as much as they do during May.
This year we are traveling with our friends, Jeff and Christie Crawford and their two children. They have never been to the Outer Banks before and they are looking forward to it.

The house we are renting has a private pool and hot tub and is located about 900 feet from the ocean. We’ve rented homes right on the ocean before, but they cost quite a bit more to rent. We expect to spend a lot of time in the pool and hot tub.

A trip to the Outer Banks is more of a time for relaxation. There are plenty of things to do around there, but we usually just spend most of the time hanging out at the pool.

I hope to be able to update my blog while we are in Corolla……until then…..

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Seriously...you finally updated!! :) Great to hear from you...have fun on your vacation! Hey you should have warned me more about these IPD people!! :( I need a new job!

Bryan Burgett said...

Yup, I finally updated. We had a great time on our vacation. I will try to post an update with vacation photos before the weekend.

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out at IPD. I thought I did warn you!!

Take care,

Bryan

Jason Fry said...

hey bryan...

looks like you guys had a spiffarific time in NC...good to hear! I sure do miss you guys...haven't seen you all together in a while. I pray that all is going well and that you have found a church home that continues to challenge and grow you all! It's still awesome to see the burgettsky boys here and there @ Bodyshop...it always brightens my day! Welp...take care...if you would...keep me in prayer as I am looking for a full-time position in a church...but that's still on the "dl" (down low). see ya...