Thursday, December 01, 2005

I’m 14,245 days old!

Today I hit one of those milestone points in life. I turned 39 years old. 39 years old seems to be a pretty popular age as I know that many older and middle-aged men and women like to lightheartedly say “39” when asked how old they are. I don’t feel 39 years old and I really don’t think I look 39….do I?

I’ve never been one to make a big deal out of birthdays. I mean once you turn 21, there really isn’t a reason to make a big deal out of it except for the fact that you’ve made it another year. I know some people make a big deal about birthdays and get upset if someone doesn’t send them a card or doesn’t call them. I’m not one of them.

Not that I don’t enjoy getting a card or phone call, it’s just that I don’t get upset if people don’t acknowledge it. I’m sure I’ll get a telephone call from my mother and sister Viki to sing Happy Birthday to me. I do look forward to those calls.

After work Christie and the boys took me to Applebee’s for my birthday dinner. I had the teriyaki steak and coconut shrimp combo….yum. After that we went shopping for a few minutes at the mall. I’m not much of a cake fan, so instead of a birthday cake, on the way home from the mall we stopped at Fazoli’s to get a few slices of cheesecake instead of a birthday cake.

According to the http://calendarhome.com website
, 341,880 hours, 20,512,800 minutes and 1,230,768,000 seconds have passed between today, December 1, 2005 and the day I was born on December 1, 1966.

According to Scientific American, the average life expectancy of male living in the United States is 74.7 years. I’m more than half way there. So assuming that I’m normal (I’m not!), I have about 13,200 days left to live. I plan to make the most of them.