Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Merry Christmas ACLU

The other day when driving through my neighborhood, I noticed the sign to the left in the front yard of one of my neighbors. After I saw this I had to get a photo of it as I really like the message and got a good laugh.

For those of you who don’t know, the ACLU stands for the American Civil Liberties Union. According to their website, the ACLU is our nation's guardian of liberty. We work daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Our job is to conserve America's original civic values: the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

On the surface it sounds like a good idea, but unfortunately that organization has morphed into something out of control. The ACLU is better known as an organization that has an anti-Christian agenda and has helped bring lawsuits that have done the following:

• The removing nativity scenes from public property
• Banning songs such as Silent Night from schools
• Refusing to allow students to write about the Christian aspect of Christmas in school projects
• Forcing schools to rename Christmas break Winter break
• Refusing to allow a city sponsored Christmas parade to be called a Christmas parade
• Not allowing a Christmas tree in a public school
• Forcing the renaming of a Christmas tree displayed on public property a Holiday tree

In addition to their war on Christmas, the ACLU has also tried to:

• Censor student led prayer at graduation
• Remove "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance
• Remove "In God We Trust" on our currency

I do not think that this is what our founding fathers had in mind when they talked about separation of church and state. This is one of the reasons we don’t send our children to public schools. God has been removed from our public school systems.

Last week a co-worker sent me an email that contained the above comic that I thought was very funny. However, it really isn’t funny in the sense that it is sad to think that this is what our society has come to.

So to you ACLU I send you very big Merry CHRISTmas message!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I, too, send a very hearty "Merry Christmas" to the ACLU. I recently saw a wonderful article about store clerks being instructed to say "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas" to shoppers. The author recommended replying "Merry Christmas" to those politically correct clerks. So, go forth and wish everyone a "Merry Christmas" with as much gusto as you can muster!

Anonymous said...

i found your blog while doing a project for my school and id just like to comment that when you said that its not what the founding fathers wanted, did you know that the pledge did not originally have the "under god" phrase in it. it was added during the cold war to show that we are a country apart from communist, who are atheist. just thought id let you know!

Anonymous said...

I found this doing a paper on censorship as a school project. I just want to say how much all this pisses me off. I hate how all these stupid minorities try to get a voice by attacking what everyone does. If this gets too far, I'm calling yamikas "festive party hats" and I'll make a t-shirt that says "Merry Christmas: More Than Just a Happy Holiday". Take that liberals!

Anonymous said...

saying "under god" is like saying under the "under superman" or "in the boogieman we trust" it sounds so silly but hey if you believe in a "zombie jew that want you drink his blood, eat his body and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master" well all i can say is happy holidays

from
just another atheist

p.s. looking into a foil hat too... stop the radio waves lol